We are fast approaching the end of flower season. The last of the blooms will be for sale until frost shuts us down. Check the sidebar on this page for any exception to the usual Farm Stand hours which are Friday – Sunday, 10 – 6.
ONLINE ORDERING is over for the season, but we will be back at it in late spring 2020! Thank you to all our customers; we hope to see you next year!
During the flower season, typically May – August…if you’d like flowers for a specific date/event or are simply looking for flowers for your own enjoyment order HERE and choose a pick up time that works for you!
ZAWADZKI FARM does flowers differently
…and that matters!
Please keep in mind that field grown flowers are cut early in the morning for that day so they will not be quick to wilt. And we are happy to fill your flower needs aside from what we sell at the flower stand Friday – Sunday provided we have the flowers to do so, but giving us advance notice is your best bet. If you want multiple flower items, please give us a few days notice so we can “reserve” standing stems for you!! You can call, text, or email us or use the “order a pickup” page where you can also pay in advance by credit card. Bear in mind, however, that our flower supply is at the mercy of Mother Nature because of our philosopy of resource conservation where we try to rely on rain rather than using potable water to irrigate the beds. In short, we sell what grows under typical conditions and do not take extreme measures to pull off a harvest, so our flower offerings can be inconsistent. HOW we grow is as important as WHAT we grow–that’s just how our small flower farm does things and we rely on customers who believe our way is the more eco-friendly way to bring beautiful, local flowers to your table!
Flowers for Pickup at Your Convenience, 7 days a week, all summer long
How sad is a fresh, fragrant, colorful bouquet of flowers with no place to go…
Which is why we limit our retail hours for ready-made bouquets and arrangements to weekends but offer online ordering & pick up 7 days a week, all summer long…
…because all flowers, once cut, should have a destination where they will bring someone joy.
Although the Flower Stand is open typically Friday – Sunday, 10- 6 p.m. for sales of ready-made bouquets and vase arrangements, those who want flowers any time during the week or custom orders can ORDER ANYTIME and ARRANGE PICKUP AT YOUR CONVENIENCE by completing the order form or by calling/emailing 7 days a week, between 10 am and 6 pm.
During summer months you have two options to purchase our fresh, local flowers–
- pick up a ready made bouquet over the weekend (Fridays, Saturday, and Sundays from 10 – 6), at the Flower Stand
- order flowers for a pick up date and time of your choosing here
- Tin can bouquets, one size metal can (approx. 16 ounce) decorated in various colors and patterns, loaded with an assortment of the current blooms that combine wonderful color, texture and scent for a delightful mini bouquet which travels in a typical car cupholder and is ideal for small spaces like window sills, bathroom vanities, hospital and nursing home bedsides, etc. We will pack up orders with multiple items for easy transport, if you wish.
- by the vase, choosing from 3 sizes, using the varieties currently being harvested. You can request flower colors to include or exclude.
- by the bunch, particularly sunflowers which begin in July and are the most abundant flower we grow.
The availability of various flowers changes throughout the season. We work hard to make every bunch and bouquet a cheery ensemble using native flowers and fillers plus some less fussy annual varieties. Sunflowers are USUALLY available from late June or early July into September though that can change drastically depending on weather. Dahlias are late bloomers beginning in August, but well worth the wait. Lots of great flowers in between and our selling season begins with the early-blooming PEONY in late May/early June and ends in late August/early September. 😦